Tuesday, December 31, 2013

NOISERAID HARDCORE


MORPHEME 'Noiseraid Hardcore' Cassette

Bay Area's MORPHEME and their 2009 cassette entitled, obviously, Noiseraid Hardcore. Six cover songs here all done in the MORPHEME fashion, aka a screaming tornado similar to bands that are playing in Japan these days, the singer is Japanese btw. They do Anti-Cimex, The Skitslickers. EU's Arse, Riistetyt, (ex-Yugoslavian band) Odpadki Civilzacij, and The Iconoclast (No Discharge!). All are good. All aren't mirror images either, they put their own MORPHEME stamp on to it, which I love, I mean why do a cover if you are just going to ape it, do it your way, now what Im saying? Anyway, the standouts for me are the Odpadki Civilzacji & the Riistetyt songs. the Iconoclast song also kills, but I'm very partial to that band as they are one of my faves for the past 25 years, but then again, I could sy that about all the bands on here. Anyway, if you dont know Morpheme, this isn't really the best way to get to know them. They have a killer 7" that you can still get here, but it's a great document of the band and a fantastic little cassette in its own right.

1 comment: